Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Passing a Milepost, Turning a Corner


This will be the 200th blog post on this site. That is not such a big deal, but it is a mile post of sorts for this writer.

I have been recording my crazy life here for the last couple of years, mostly, and have jumped from topic to topic, genre to genre, and mood to mood as the crises and dreams have come and gone.

I hope this has helped me somehow to grow up, be more observant, more reflective, more present, kind, and compassionate.

I can't claim any of that, but I can say that I notice when I get pulled out of the moment by self talk, by a story, or a button-pushing incident.

When that happens, I have begun to go after it rather than give in to it. I want to be here and happy rather than lost to old, bad habits of thought that lead to anger, depression, and disconnect.

That's a small thing I know, but I just wanted to make a note on the psychological timeline.

It's also time to write something good and big. I don't know what that will be, but I have a hunch of what it looks like, what it sounds like, what I want it to do. My job is to keep showing up and to keep recording and to keep looking for that live wire of truth that needs saying. 

Here's the next 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment