Friday, December 15, 2017

Next Chapter


This chapter still has a few more surprises and scenes of farewell, but the next one is looming larger, even though I don't want to prepare for it. I have not told the men in the workshops or made the necessary plans to launch out of Tucson into the wide open What's Next?.  So what does it look like, this forbidden subject, this figure standing behind the curtain of an unknown future? I hope it travels the dangerous path of creativity of some form. Music, writing, painting would all be good. And I see two wheels rolling over packed dirt, rocks, and gravel. There may be some service in there too. Maybe writing workshops at the detention center down the road. I can't quite imagine yet, though, a heart that is light, full of hope, beating with love. It may be there, someday. Until then, I'll keep wooing it home with songs sad and sweet in search of that raw, grieving nerve in need of tender light.

No comments:

Post a Comment