Thursday, January 16, 2020

Day One


It's official. I'm back in the classroom after being on leave for a year and a half. Much has changed. Books are now links in the course website; assignments come in as cyber text rather than paper; students take photos of the white board rather than take notes. But I still wear my Costco jeans and Hawaiian shirts with Chacos and socks. The first class was a bit of a shock. I couldn't remember my lesson plan and the computer wouldn't project the image from the document cam. For a crazy few seconds I was lost in front of the class wondering if would be able to figure out how to proceed. I decided to come clean and to tell the class I didn't know how to connect the computer to the projector. When I asked, I was directed to a black box mounted on the wall that had the switch for the document cam. Aha! I was able to get rolling into the lesson and the semester. I do still have something to offer, I think, about writing. If I can remember to trust that, I might just make it through the semester. Now to get ready for Day Two, still a beginner, in need of help from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment