Thursday, January 18, 2018

Home Stretch


Just about ten percent done. With the semester, that is. Maybe my last one. Ever. It's bumpy, in spite of a pretty easy assignment. The bumps stem from my not being able to track the work of teaching. You'd think that after all these years I would know what I was doing. In some ways, the big ways, like how to create a space for people to think and write, that's true, but in those little ways, the ones that seem to be so important now, the record-keeping and testing for SLOs, I'm struggling. Oh well, always something. The big world out there is waiting once my time here is up. It will be a wonderful and scary thing to step out into it after all these years of banging my head against the teaching wall. About all I can say is that I did it. I may have stumbled through it in my cloud of incoherence, but I did it. I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment