Monday, February 29, 2016

Staging


Students tell me clearly that they hate writing that is disconnected from them, from what they want to say and how they want to say it. Yet writing program administrators insist on forging ahead with curricula divorced from student interest and experience and agency. I don't get it. But I do get that I am not doing that any more. What I am doing is getting ready for a foray into the woods of wonder. Before I jump ship, though, I need to think about where it is I'm going to land. That means a long haul of getting my house in order. I need to sell cars, sever ties, cancel memberships, find replacements, clean out clutter. But more than all that, it's time to prep the mind. I'm off to the jungle and will need to travel light, think fast, write what I want to write. A plan. I need a plan. Actions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment