Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Everything Must Go


I am moving soon and need to rent out my house. Twenty-some years of living in the same place is why I have a stack of neatly-folded blue jeans over two feet tall. Then there are the shirts. And the bike socks (dozens). I have milk crate full of cycling bibs. A milk crate! That's just the beginning of the list of stuff, truckloads of stuff.  No matter; it's all gotta go. I am outta here in a month, a short-timer at work, about to launch into a summer of abandon. I will have a bike, a tent, a sleeping bag, a pad, a very small stove, and a cup. I realize that is a lot when compared to monks out on a pilgrimage, but I am an American Material Boy, a bona-fide consumer! A minimalist bike tour is about as low as I can go, given my comfort zone. I will taste wind and sun and rain and hear bears outside the tent at night as I wonder where it all went, all that clutter gathered during a long life.

No comments:

Post a Comment