Saturday, April 21, 2018

Introversion to Distress


Without people, there would be nothing to reel me in from my musing. By people, I mean obligations, responsibilities -- extrinsic reasons for leaving the land of freely-associated ruminations. I would  linger here in my introversion like a balloon batted around by air currents. Of course, if there were no people, I'd have to do my own digging of roots and stalking of mastodons to survive. Ruminating is a kind of civilized luxury, an act possible because of discretionary time and resources. So, I guess I should grateful when pulled out of my thoughts by what it is I need to do to teach, to earn my three hots and flop. But time, sweet time. Without it, I am paralyzed by lack. With it, I paralyzed by possibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment