Monday, March 5, 2018

Anger Issues


He sat there, snug as a bug, bottled-up, bulging with sedentary calories. I think he's got anger issues he said with a small flourish of his hand, a kind of touche in this meeting to decide another man's fate. His eyes were buried in his cheeks and looked like they were about to explode. He is not one of us his eyes said. Us and them. Anger issues he said again in case we hadn't heard him. At least he expresses his feelings I thought to myself. You are a bomb waiting to go off I thought, a white-man-in-a-suit IED. It's all about control with you I thought. You spot it you got it I thought. You see yourself as protecting us from feelings I thought. You keep a lid on it, run a wall through it, never showing your light while punishing others for showing theirs.

1 comment: