Thursday, February 16, 2017

From Here


The surprises rain down: an article in the SBS newsletter about the workshops, an invitation to meet with a deputy warden about making a film at the prison, grad students stepping forward to help with typing, friends and editors responding well to my writing about the power of creative expression. It's all out of the box, exciting, and a bit overwhelming. I don't know what to make of this. So I am not making anything out it. It just is what it is. And I just will do what I am called to do, will listen to that little, joyful voice that says "have some fun, you fool." At this late stage of life, I am finally learning to lighten up, to imagine how I might dance with the days coming down the pipe. There is work to do, for sure. And there is joy to be embraced, friends to be comforted, held close, words to gather. Oh, life, such a sweet surprise, thank you for the opportunity to make it up as I stumble along.

No comments:

Post a Comment